1. Skull base and Neurooncology Fellow Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto. Canada
2. Minimal Invasive Neurosurgery Fellow Prince of Wales Hospital Sydney Australia
3. Spine Fellowship Technical University Munich Germany
Date of Graduation:- March 1996
Date of Postgraduation:- April 1999
Date of Specialisation:- January 2004
|Present Position||Director and Chief Neurosurgeon|
|Aditya Super Speciality Hospital Jabalpur India|
|Honorary consultant - Railway hospital Jabalpur|
|Certificate||Institute||Year From||Year To||Licence||Attempt||Distinctions|
|Hr. Secondary||Gyanodaya (C.B.S.E.)
|1st MBBS||Govt. Medical college, Jabalpur (MP)||Sept. 1990||April. 1992||-||I||Biochemistry|
|2st MBBS||Govt. Medical college, Jabalpur (MP)||Apr 1992||Nov 1993||-||I||Forensic Medicine|
|3st MBBS||Govt. Medical college, Jabalpur (MP)||Nov 1993||Mar 1995||-||I||Paediatrics|
|Internship||Govt. Medical college, Jabalpur (MP)||Apr 1995||Mar 1996||558/95||-|
|MS (Gen. Surg.)||Govt. Medical college, Jabalpur (MP)||Apr 1996||1999||MP-429||I||-|
|DNB (Surgery)||Diplomate National Board||2000||-||I||B.Ramamurthi All India National Gold Medal|
|MCh NeuroSurg||All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi||Jan 2001||Jan 2004||23222 Delhi Medical Council||I||-|
|Skull base Fellowship||Toronto Western Hospital Canada||July 2004||June 2005||CPSO - 81575||Under Prof. Fred Gentili|
|Fellow Minimal Invasive Neurosurg||Prince of Wales Hospital Sydney Australia||Jan 2007||Jun 2007||Under Dr. Charles Teo|
1. Compulsory rotating internship April 95 - March 96 at Medical College Jabalpur
2. Senior Resident in the Department of Surgery and Neurosurgery, NSCB (Govt.) Medical College, Jabalpur, (MP) India, June 1999 to July 2000.
3. Teaching of undergraduate as well as postgraduates.
4. Senior Resident, Department of Neurosurgery, LNJP Hospital, August 2000 to January 2001.
5. Senior Resident, Department of Neurosurgery, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, January 2001 to January 2004
6. Associate Consultant at Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, February - June 2004.
7. Skull Base fellowship at Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto Canada - July 2004 to June 2005.
1. Clinical fellow under Prof. Fred Gentili ( Skull Base Fellowship at Toronto Western Hospital Toronto Canada - July 2004 to June 2005).
2. Clinical Fellow Minimal Invasive Neurosurgery under Dr Charles Teo at the Prince of Wales Hospital Sydney Australia : Jan 07 to Jun. 07.
3. Clinical Fellow Spine. Technical University Munich.
4. Visiting Fellowship, Department of Neurosurgery, Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGIMS), 1st-14th October, 2003.
5. Visiting Fellowship, Department of Neurosurgery, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Chandigarh, 16th -31st October, 2003.
1. Pituitary adenoma associated with intraventricular meningioma: case report. Leodante B da Costa, Jay Riva- Cambrin, Asheesh Tandon, Michael Tymianski. Skull Base. 2007 Sep ;17 (5):347-51.
2. Supratentorial intracerebral hemorrhage following infratentorial surgery. Tandon A, Mahapatra AK. J. Clin Neurosc. Australia 2004; Jan 11(7): 762-765.
3. Tubercular appendicitis in India. Agarwal P, Sharma D, Agarwal V, Tandon A et al. Tropical Doctor. 2004 Jan;34(1): 36-8.
4. Multiloculated, Multiorganism Brain abscess in a neonate - A case report - Tandon A, Mahapatra AK. Neurosciences Today. 2003; 7: 155-157.
5. Malignant Prolactinoma - is metastasis a must? A case report. Vaishya S, Tandon A. J Neurosurgical Sciences Italy 2004 March; 48(1): 37-41.
6. Chilaiditis Syndrome: A Reappraisal. Tandon A, Agarwal P, Sharma D, et al. Antiseptic Feb., 2000; Vol 97: 170 - 173.
7. Hypertonic Saline Enema in Intestinal Ascariasis Tandon A, Choudhary SP, Sharma D. Indian J. Paediatrics. 1999; 66:675-680.
8. Feeding Jejunostomy: A Review. Tandon A, Sharma D, Raina VK. Ind. J. Surg., Oct. 1999 (IJS/98/68-61(5) 1999).
9. Gastrointestinal Perforations in Children. Ekka S, Tandon A, Somashekhar U et al J. Ind. Asso. Paed. Surg. Vol.3. April-June 98; 53 - 58.
10. Role of SAAG as a Predictor of Variceal Bleeding. Tandon A, Sharma D Souvenir Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology (Abstr.) 1998.
11. Small Intestinal Malignancies. Tandon A, Sharma D Souvenir Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology (Abstr.) 1998.
1. Paraplegia following spinal anaesthesia in a patient with dorsal intradural neurofibroma. Tandon A, Vaishya S. Spinal Cord.
2. Orbital hydatid cyst. A study of four cases and review. Tandon A Mahapatra A, Suri A. Journal of clinical neurosciences.
3. Endocrine abnormalities and pituitary lesions in severe traumatic brain injury: prospective clinico-pathologic study. Tandon A, Suri A, Mahapatra A et al
4. Lingual spasms in clival chordoma. A case report and review of literature. Tandon A, Gentili F. Canadian Journal of Neurosciences.
5. Paranasal Schwannomas : Report of two cases and review of Literature. Tandon A, Gentili F. Journal Skull Base
1. Long term follow up and recurrence patterns in Esthesioneuroblastoma. 25 year UHN experience. 16th North American Skull Base Annual meet. Toronto 7 - 10 April 2005
2. Giant Paranasal Schwannoma. Three cases and review of literature. (Poster). 16th North American Skull Base Society Annual meet. Toronto 7 - 10 April 2005
1. SAAG - A prognostic factors in variceal bleeding. 8th National Conference of IASG, PGIMER, Chandigarh, September 18 - 20, 1998.
2. Role of Ceftriaxone in Prevention of Post Operative Neurosurgical Infections MP Chapter ASICON-99 Feb 27th - 28th 1999 Khajurao.
3. Outcome in Non-traumatic Paraplegia - "A preliminary study". - Spine 2002 National Conference on Spine Surgery. 19 - 21 July 2002 Kanniyakumari (P.S. Ramani Gold Medal - BEST PAPER).
4. Endocrine abnormalities in severe head injury - A preliminary report. 51st Annual Conference Neurological Society of India, 14 - 17 December 2002 Cochin.
5. Endocrine abnormalites and pituitary lesions in fatal head injury - Annual Neurotrauma Conference 21 - 23 August 2003, Pune (SURESH KARE - INDOCO REMEDIES -BEST POSTER AWARD)
6. Endocrine abnormalities in severe traumatic brain injury : a prospective clinico-pathologic study - 52nd Annual Conference, Neurological Society of India, 12th - 15th December 2003 Chandigarh
7. Low cost Indigenous Technique of Percutaneous Transpedicular Vertebroplasty. 2nd Instructional Course in Spine Simla 2008 - 7th - 10 August 2008
1. Role of ceftriaxone in prevention of post operative neurosurgical infections (Jabalpur, 1999). (Presented at MP ASICON 1999)
2. Endocrinal abnormalities in severe traumatic brain injury: A prospective study of correlation of endocrine parameters, clinical outcome and histopathology (AIIMS, 2003). (Awarded Best Poster Award Neurotrauma Conference Pune 2003)
3. A retrospective study of 191 cases of orbital tumours and tumor like lesions: Clinico-pathological spectrum and skull base approaches (AIIMS, 2003). (Under publication)
1. 16th North American Skull Base Annual Meeting, Toronto.7-10 April 2005
2. AANS Annual Meeting New Orleans. USA. 15- 21 May 2005
3. Loughheed Microvascular Workshop - (September 27 - October 1 2004) Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto. Toronto, Canada
4. AANS Practical Clinic 003. Peripheral Nerve Injuries, Entrapments and Tumors. Management paradigm. AANS May 15 - 21 New Orleans, USA
5. AANS Practical Clinic. Management of Upper cervical instability. AANS May 15 - 21 New Orleans, USA
1. Successfully Organized "Instructional Course in Spine 2009" as organizing secretary from 14th to 16th August 2009 at Khajuraho
2. 8th National Conference of Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology, Chandigarh. September 18-20, 1998.
3. 58th Conference of the Association of Surgeons of India, Ahmedabad, December 25-30, 1998.
4. 16th Annual Conference of Association of Surgeons of India (MP Chapter), Khajuraho, February 27-28, 1999.
5. Workshop on Laparoscopic surgery. 2nd May 1999 Jabalpur.
6. Annual Microneurosurgery Workshop, AIIMS, New Delhi, February 2001.
7. Annual Microneurosurgery Workshop, AIIMS, New Delhi, 8-10th February 2002.
8. 11th Annual National Neurotrauma Conference, Agra, August 20-22, 2002.
9. Spine 2002 - National Conference on Spine Surgery, Kanniyakumari, July 19-21, 2002.
10. 1st Mid Neurocon 2002 (NSI), AIIMS, New Delhi, August 23-25th, 2002.
11. 51st Annual Conference Neurological Society of India, Cochin, December 14-17, 2002.
12. Annual Microneurosurgery Workshop, AIIMS, New Delhi, February 2003.
13. 12th National Neurotrauma Conference, Pune August 22-24th, 2003.
14. 52nd Annual Conference, NSI, Chandigarh 12 - 15 December 2003.
15. 2nd Instructional Course in Spine Simla 2008 - 7th - 10 August 2008
1. Certificate of merit in Biochemistry, April 1992.
2. Certificate of merit - Forensic Medicine, November 1993.
3. Certificate of merit - Pediatrics, March 1995.
4. Sportsman of the year Award 1994 NSCB Medical College Jabalpur MP.
5. B.Ramamurthi Gold Medal - Diplomate National Board (General Surgery - 2000)
6. P.S. Ramani Best Paper Award for "Outcome in non-traumatic Paraplegia - A Preliminary study". Spine 2002 Kanyakumari
7. Neurotrauma - Best poster award for "Endocrine abnormalities and pituitary lesions in fatal head injury. 12th National Neurotrauma conference Pune 2003
8. Selected for the Lougheed Microvascular course under Dr Chris Wallace at Mount Sinai Hospital Toronto Canada
|Referees :||Prof Fred Gentili (UHN Toronto) (email@example.com)|
|Prof Abhijit Guha (UHN Toronto) (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|Prof AK Mahapatra (AIIMS Delhi) (email@example.com)|
Beside Aditya Super Speciality Hospital, MLB School Road, Opp. Little Kingdom School, Napier Town, Jabalpur (M.P.)
Ph. : (Clinic) +91-761-4063159,
(For appt.) +91-8827529995
Morning: 12:00 - 02:00
Evening: 5:30 - 7:30
Sunday : Closed